Sunday, October 2, 2011

Unexpected Greatness!!

The Unbecoming of Mara DyerThe Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow!!! This book was so unexpected. Unexpectedly and irrefutably phenomenal! I was instantly swept up into my own little world of contemporary fiction; reading it, loving it when about 3/4 of the way through the book jumps up and yells SURPRISE I'm paranormal!!!! Wait a second...WHAT? It's beyond intriguing! There were parts where I was utterly and totally confused, but in a most excellent kind of way. In a, I have absolutely no idea whats going on or what'll happen next, kind of way; like falling down a rabbit hole. It's not all mystery thriller either; its got romance. Boy does it have romance! Heck, I'd be fine with suffering great tragedy too if I got to have a Noah. And Jaime the BFF, L-O-frickin-L! He was hillarious! My only regret is reading this book so soon and now having to wait for the sequel. I hope you write fast Michelle Hodkin because I absolutely CAN NOT WAIT!!!!




View all my reviews


Books you may also like:

The Beginning of AfterIf I Stay (If I Stay, #1)Before I FallThe Sky Is Everywhere

The Beginning of After by Jennifer Castle
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

1 comment:

  1. Wow, after reading your review I'm thinking I'll have to check this one out. To be honest, I read the description a while ago and didn't think it sounded like it would be very good, but you clearly loved it so I should definitely give it a chance. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete