Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Review: Rock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

Rock and a Hard PlaceRock and a Hard Place by Angie Stanton

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

One day while watching the Interstate exit for her dad’s long awaited return, Libby’s life is rocked when Peter Jamieson steps off his tour bus and into her life. After a couple chance meetings with Peter, Libby shifts from her perfect behavior and breaks rules to find out more about him.

Peter longs for normalcy away from the screaming fans who know nothing about the real him. He is amazed to discover Libby has never heard of him or his band. Soon their friendship turns to love. Peter battles his families growing interference to spend time with Libby, while she struggles with her eccentric aunt who turns more bizarre each day.

Their lives are torn apart when Peter's family interferes and Libby disappears. Peter’s desperate search for her comes up empty. Can they find their way back to each other while the world plots against them?


I read this book because it kept popping up on my recomendation lists for goodreads and amazon. Honestly, I just wasn't into it. The entire time I was reading it I felt like I was in between a rock and a hard place. For one, I had no time to become invested into the romance. Peter and Libby meet, they speak a few sentences then WHAM-BAM they are in love. Yea, yea I know love at first sight, but there was no chemistry. Peter says that the reason he is so drawn to Libby is because of how real she is. He talks about loving her because of who she is on the inside. How in the heck does he "know" her, they just met. I can see those feelings developing, but that's the thing...they didn't. It has the makings of a good book, romance, drama, and oh yea DRAMA, but it just wasn't put together well. I can see where she was trying to go with the story, it just never went there.
View all my reviews


**Pretty much guaranteed to like anything by Sarah Dessen



No comments:

Post a Comment