Thursday, March 22, 2012

Review: Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Pure (Covenant, #2)Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is need. And then there is Fate...

Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.

When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon... and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude... or killing her.

When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.


Oh sweet daimon babies!!! Thank the gods that Jennifer Armentrout delivered a kick ass sequel. Not that I had my doubts, but sometimes sequels just can't live up to the explosiveness of a phenomenal new series. I'm still riding the J. Armentrout train going full speed ahead.

I also have to tip my hat, bow down, kiss the feet, and humbly proskyneo myself before Ms. Armentrout. How the hell did you change my mind??? Let me back up. I am team Aiden!! Was team Aiden? Is team Aiden??? OMG!!! I. Don't. Know. Never has an author been able to cause so much indecision. Once I'm on a team; I'm there to stay. Never have I become a free agent!! Seth completely won me over. I still love me some Aiden, but damn it!!! I want me some Seth too. I just don't know. And for that Ms. Armentrout, I applaud you. Way to mess with my mind.

I have to admit; I didn't immediately latch on to Pure. However, about a fourth of the way through I really warmed up to it. By the half way mark, I was totally obsessed and completely stalked the story. The post "pure bloods version of a roofie" scene hit me, knocked me down, and left me gasping for air. I don't think the word hot does it justice!

Some people might spit the haterade again claiming that the Half-Blood series is a generic Vampire Academy. I've already addressed this in my Half-Blood review, but I will say this. Yes, there was one slight "similarity" in Pure, but who gives a flyin daimon??? I sure as hell don't!!! It is possible to love both series even if they are distant cousins!!! If you like to breathe air, then you'll like this series. Trust me :-)


View all my reviews




No comments:

Post a Comment