Sunday, March 4, 2012

Review: That Wedding

That Wedding (That Boy, #2)That Wedding by Jillian Dodd

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know he's that boy. The boy I want to marry, my prince, my happily ever after. I feel like I'm living in a dreamy fairytale.

But then, Pastor starts asking questions I don’t know the answers to.
I have horrible wedding disaster dreams.
I can’t find a dress.
I have to manipulate him to get my way.
An old boyfriend asks me to run away and marry him.
My best friend tells me I'm going to ruin everything.
And forever is starting to sound like a really long time.

Which makes me start to wonder.

I wonder if best friends should get married.
I wonder if I'm settling.
I wonder if the fact that sex with him is so amazing that it’s clouding my judgment.
I wonder if it's just cold feet.
I wonder if marriage is all that fun.

And then I have to decide. Am I willing to give up on true love forever, or should I say, What the hell, and marry him anyway?



Photobucket


Jillian Dodd has completely knocked my socks off with this debut series. Just to think two weeks ago I didn't even know these books existed. Thank God they found me. That Wedding picks up immediately where That Boy left off. We finally get to see Phillip and JJ together in every sense of the word and boy are they "together", alot ;-)

Though I didn't think it were possible, I fell head over sockless heels in love with Phillip even more. In That Boy, he turned me into a pile of goo. In That Wedding, he completely melted me. If you're wondering if you can melt goo, I assure you that you can.

JJ on the other hand frustrated the goo out of me. I just wanted to shake her, grab Phillip by the ass hand, and run far far away. She gets her act together in the end though so I guess she's forgiven :-). Then of course there's Danny; I love me some Danny, but what I really love is his friendship with JJ; it warms my melted goo. When he tears up at the wedding, I kinda maybe sorta did too! Ok, I was a little glassy. I also want to thank Jillian Dodd for letting them all be best friends without jealousy drama or a love triangle!! I heart you!

This book not only caused an infared of goo, but was beyond hilarious! I lost track of how many times I laughed out loud. The STD thing nearly ruptured my appendix; it even made my jowls hurt!!!

Overall, I think the thing that I love the most is getting taken on an amazing journey with characters that I have grown to love and adore. I totally feel like I've grown up with JJ, Phillip, and Danny and can't wait for the next installment. Jillian Dodd you rock!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment