Monday, July 9, 2012

Prepared to be SLAMMED with some BOOK-tunes & a little announcement!

Some of you may know that sometimes I dabble, dally, muck around, and somehow manage to produce clips representing the written word which is usually set to music; you know them as book-trailers.

I can't remember exactly why I started doing it except for the fact that I wanted to; thought it'd be fun. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but I try to figure it out as I go. Most of the effects and finished products are just results of happy accidents. Yay!!

Well, the creative juices are flowing again and I'm happy to announce that I'm working on a NEW book-trailer for Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I'm about half way done and hope to release it in the next few weeks. This has been the most challenging trailer because of the uniqueness of the storyline. The uniqueness is one of the things I absolutely love about Slammed, but finding and editing clips is butterflying hard!! It has been a blast though and I can't wait for the finished product.

In my quest to create the perfect trailer, I have stumbled on some amazing songs that have to be added to the Slammed BOOK-tunes list. They don't even need a description about why they were chosen because the lyrics speak for themselves. Some of them are so perfect it gives me chill bumps. Remember though that just because they're perfect for BOOK-tunes doesn't mean they were perfect for the trailer. Maybe I used them, maybe I didn't. You'll just have to wait to find out.

Check out the bottom of this post for links to my other book-trailers. ENJOY!

Track #1: Iridescent by Linkin Park

"When you were standing in the wake of devastation..."



Track #2: Now More Than Ever by Brandon Heath



Track #3: Pieces by Red

I know it starts off slow, but the lyrics are amazing and the end of the song gives me chill.



Track #4: All That You Are by The Goo Goo Dolls




THE HAPPY ACCIDENTS




Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Click here to view book-trailer










Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Click here to view book-trailer






Effortless by S.C. Stephens
Click here to view book trailer

4 comments:

  1. Oh no you didn't use the Goo Goo Dolls! Can our bloggership get past this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UH OH!! Them be fightin words Judith!! We might have to agree to disagree. Just turn your ears the other way ;-) I will not let this come between us!!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the Goo Goo Dolls. Makes me sigh... love love love...

    ReplyDelete