Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review: The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle

Release date: August 24th, 2012

It's been twelve years since Tru Bennett last saw Jake Wethers, her former best friend and boy she once loved.

Jake Wethers, sexy, tattooed and deliciously bad lead singer, and brains behind The Mighty Storm, one of biggest bands in the world, left Tru with a broken heart when he moved from England to America with his family when they were both fourteen.

Sent to interview Jake for her music column by the magazine she works for, they are both unprepared for the sparks that fly the instant they reconnect. Only, there’s a complication to their instant feelings for one another – Will, Tru’s boyfriend of two years. 

Then Jake makes Tru a job offer she can't refuse - travelling the world with him and his band. But taking the job means leaving Will behind, and being on the road with the band means spending an inordinate amount of time with Jake. 

Is Tru strong enough to resist the delectable bad boy who once held her heart so completely, or will she willingly risk it all for one night with the worlds most notorious womanizer?


3.5 Stars
My cherry has been popped! I am no longer a Samantha Towle virgin. This little minx is definitely someone I'd do again! I was touched in all the right places and teased with an assortment of intense emotions. 

So if the "sex" was so good, why not more stars? Because I wasn't "turned-on" right away. The book didn't really start for me until the tour when things really started to happen, but then it gave it to me way too fast! The second half was so effin amazing; I definitely wanted more of that. It got so good, but then it ended way too quickly. 

Pacing issues aside though, this was a great read! WARNING: You will need to hydrate yourself before you read The Mighty Storm. You are going to sweat from the sweltering heat between Tru & Jake, the physical intimacy will leave you damp and dripping, the emotional heart-ache will have you in tears!

Nothing compares to the gut wrenching emotions a reader experiences when the hero breaks your heart. You can't breathe; it leaves you feeling physically ill! I haven't hurt like this since Modern Love Story or The Opportunist. You want to believe that Jake is prince charming, a tattooed, mischievous, and somewhat naughty prince charming; one with a really big...but still a prince charming. I hurt right along with Tru! I healed right along with Tru, I forgave right along with Tru, and I came right along with Tru! 

This book didn't find my "g" spot right away, but it did eventually find it. It found it, played with it a bit, and left me wanting more...READ ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment