Monday, January 21, 2013

REVIEW: Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)Hot Ticket by Olivia Cunning
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Release Date: February 1st, 2013

There are things in bassist Jace Seymour’s past that he is unwilling to share with anyone. To cover his guilt and anguish, he seeks dominatrix Mistress V (Aggie) to temporarily placate his inner turmoil.

Aggie doesn’t have much use for men–besides the power rush she gets when they’re begging for mercy at her feet–but Jace isn’t like her usual clients. His cool defiance and unexpected dominance in the bedroom drives her to distraction and quickly steals her heart.

When circumstances threaten Jace’s position in Sinners, Aggie must help him regain his rightful place in the band while showing him that time and love can heal all wounds.


My Review:

3 stars only because I don't ride a tricycle...

I'm not going to deny that this book was sexy, funny and all sorts of naughty. I'm not going to deny that I was instantly immersed in this fast paced sinful read. I'm not even going to deny that I had a serious girl hard on for Jace. In fact, I may be in love!

So what's the problem? Problems?

One was that I really didn't care for Aggie. I saw her as one ginormous cliché. The BDSM in the story seemd very displaced. Aggie was never a dominatrix unless she was encompassing every single domme stereotype in the book. It made it come across as more of a facade instead of an actual part of her character. It also took most of the book for me to even come close to accepting Jace into any type of submissive roll. Because he wasn't. He was just a man trying to work through his demons.

Now perhaps my inner prude is banging on the closet door trying to get out, but there should only be one hot dog per bun. Sex is not synonymous with jello. There's never room for more. The whole situation made me think less of Jace. My Jace. How could he share. However, this is just my personal opinion. You may already have on your helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads ready to jump right on that tricycle. Wave that ménage flag proudly; I salute you. It's just not for me.

Despite my issues, Jace totally made this read more than worth it. Certain aspects of the story may not have been for me, but Olivia Cunning definitely knows how to suck you in and take you for a ride!

READ ON!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment