Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Review Short: Cake by Nicole Reed

CakeCake by Nicole Reed
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Links: 
Amazon
Barnes&Noble

Would you be willing to make a mess of your life to get exactly what you want?

Kylie Lord has known Trent Moss and Dray Savage since college. Trent, the smart and kind-hearted humanitarian has had her heart from the moment they met, but someone else always has his. Dray is an arrogant professional football player who happens to be Trent’s best friend and Kylie’s nemesis “with benefits.”

Five years after graduation, Kylie is commanding the world with a new image and a successful business; however, she lacks the one thing she wants and the one thing she can never have. That is, until one fateful night when Kylie decides to go after all of her forbidden fantasies and risk everything. 
Two men, completely different and poles apart, but together they are her idea of perfection. One can only offer her tonight and the other forever, but can Kylie settle for just one man, or can she have her cake and eat it too?

My Review

All relationships should be built around an asshole...

If I were to break it down and outline the plot, Cake sounds like an amazing book. However, it lacked something in the execution. It was that something that kept a good book from being a great book. It had some amazing sexual tension, but it ended too soon, way too soon.

I love when a romantic relationship is built around an asshole.

Not asshole the orifice, but someone falling for an asshole. What I'm trying to say is that the sexual tension between Drey and Kylie was palpable, but I wish it had been drawn out a little longer. From that point on, I felt like the story was rushed. It was a good story, but way too much was skipped by and glossed over.

There was also some drama (aka stalker stuff) that was introduced to the plot; setting the stage for something big. The big never happened, and nothing really came of it. It had me looking on the ground wondering if I had dropped a chapter somewhere.

As much as I liked the twists and turns of the ending, overall it was a bit deflated. It fell flat. I think there's more to come. I hope so, because there is a great story in there. It just needs to be brought out. Overall, it was like getting a big piece of Cake and being told I couldn't eat it too. I want to eat cake dammit.

READ ON!

View all my reviews

Ruining Me (Ruining, #1)Check out my review for Ruining Me by Nicole Reed

"The book that left me speechless..."

No comments:

Post a Comment