Monday, September 9, 2013

NEW REVIEW: Cage (Corps Security #2) by Harper Sloan

Cage by Harper Sloan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Links:
Amazon
Goodreads
Barnes&Noble

Greg Cage was born to protect. While growing up, he was his mother and sister’s shield against the world… until he failed. For the last decade, he has carried that guilt and need for vengeance around… until it was stripped from him. Now, with his best friend getting married and no longer needing his protection, he is even more lost, completely adrift, and desperate for some control. All he has ever known was how to protect: his family, his friends, and his country. Can he go against everything he has ever known, and give up that control?

Melissa Larson will never let anyone hold the reins in her life. She has been the rock in her family for more years than she can remember, and the fight to keep them together is her main priority right now. She has always been fiercely independent and proud. The last thing she will ever do is ask for someone else’s help. But when that choice is out of her control, forcing her to rely on others to save her and her family, and pick up the pieces that are left, will she be able to let someone else be her strength?

The second Greg locks eyes with Meli, he knows that she is someone he needs. Someone he craves. Meli knew the second she met Greg that he would be nothing but trouble and heartache. Her life takes an unexpected turn, and that bitch Fate is back to wreak more havoc on another member of the Corps family.
All hell breaks loose, leaving Greg no choice but to call in a favor. He hooks back up with his old friend Braxxon Breaker from the Breakneck MC. Together, they make sure that nothing threatens anyone Greg loves again.

My Review
My expectations were not disappointed...

As readers, we experience cravings. We may have favorite genres, but often times we crave something very specific. We have an itch, an itch only certain authors can scratch. Authors like Kristen Ashley, Belle Aurora, T.E. Sivec, and Madeline Sheehan. Now we have Harper Sloan. Authors that give us men that overpower, men that protect, men that possess. We call them alphas!

The Corps Security series has scratched my most intimate itch.

I fell in love with Cage in Axel (Corp Security #1), and even though that big hearted man was extremely present in book two, he showed a little bit of a naughty side we didn't get to see in Axel. I won't call it a dark side as much as perhaps a gray side.

I think what made Axel slightly above book two was that Axel and Izzy had history. That history just intensified the experience. Though Melissa and Cage share something in their past, it wasn't the same as sharing their past. However, they made up for it with their present!! Boy did they make up for it. I also missed "the boys". In Axel...Maddox, Axel, and Cage were very present along with Beck and Coop, and even though they definitely grace the pages of Cage, I didn't feel like they were as big of a part of the story as they were in Axel. That just goes to show how much I love these men. I want them all the time!

However, Cage did not disappoint. I got action, I got passion, I got moments where I almost pissed myself laughing. The humor was definitely intensified by little Cohen. From the inappropriately innocent mouth of children...loved it.

I think what impresses me most about this series is how much I love all of the characters. When a series follows different characters throughout a series; you meet each new book with bitter sweet emotions. You want more, you're excited for more, but your not ready to let go of the two main characters that you've grown to love. As much as I fell in love with Axel & Izzy, Harper Sloan developed her secondary characters so well that I was ready for Cage's story. I wanted his story. I needed his story. There were no bitter sweet emotions, just sweet emotions.

I feel the exact same way after reading Cage. I loved Cage and everything about him, but I can't wait for Beck's story!!

This series is beyond addictive and I can't wait for more.

READ ON!

Axel (Corps Security #1): http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment