Thursday, December 19, 2013

NEW REVIEW: Adore Me (The Keatyn Chronicles # 4.5) by Jillian Dodd

Adore Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #4.5)Adore Me by Jillian Dodd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Amazon
Barnes & Noble

It is...but it isn't. Oodalolly!!!!



Dear Jillian Dodd,

I have a confession to make. I never wanted to read your Keatyn Chronicles series. Nope. I was bitter. Bitter, bitter, bitter. You told me a while back, that before you wrote That Baby you had a six book series planned. You seemed so excited. You told me all about it, and all I wanted to do was punch your excitement in the face. I wasn't interested. I just wanted...I just wanted That Baby.

What has amazed me over and over about this series is that you have this unrivaled talent for pulling my wants into the direction that you want them to go, and the next thing I know...I want them too. You prove me wrong time, and time again. You twist my emotions and mold my wants into something different with each book. I am a huge pile of clay. No matter how much you frustrate the hell out of me with Keatyn's antics, I can't look away. This series is like heroine straight into my veins leaving emotional track marks.

And while I'm confessing, I guess I should tell you something else. I don't really like novellas. Nope...I usually skip right over them; they are just the parts the real book kicked out. It's not actually part of the "real" story...not really. Adore Me was so different. It was like the end of Love Me accidentally fell off. My jaded view point about novellas has been forever changed. I was wrong. Again Jillian Dodd....you changed me.

I know you had intended for me to review Adore Me, but what can I say about this book, excuse me, novella, that won't spoil this book for other readers. All I can say is READ IT! This novella did NOT originate from the lowley bowels of The Keatyn Chronicles; it was a vital piece of the series. A piece that I am so glad to have experienced. It just made me crave Hate Me even more. That is the central theme of this entire series; drive me crazy and leave me wanting more.

Yes your series is YA-mature, but it reminds me of old school Disney movies. They were created for children, but Disney made sure us adults found enjoyment in them too. Seriously, watch Robin Hood; I can't belive I missed out on all the adult humor when I was younger. From naughty movie covers to hidden messages in the sand, Disney is for all ages. So is The Keatyn Chronicles. I'm not saying your readers are going to find a giant golden penis hidden somewhere between the pages , but what I hope they understand is that YA-mature means YA-for everyone. Everyone of all ages. Except for maybe babies. Mostly because they can't read.

Thanks for this little gem; it was a great addition to this series. I can't wait for more!

Oodalolly,

Mollie~Tough Critic Book Reviews

View all my reviews

My Review of Stalk Me (Book #1)
My Review of Kiss Me (Book #2)
My Review of Date Me (Book #3)
My Review of Love Me (Book #4)

No comments:

Post a Comment