Friday, July 8, 2016

NEW REVIEW: Atticus by Leslie Fear

AtticusAtticus by Leslie Fear
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

He knew me from the moment I stepped through the broken window.

Studying me.

Watching me.

Changing me.

I was unaware of him at first; my life was too out of control to notice. The constant moving and lack of money after Mom divorced Dad was turning her into a different person. All she did was drink and she was now this angry person I didn't want to know.

But once I stepped through the window inside that house, I could feel the peace surrounding me. Hugging my body as if it had arms. Protecting me. Loving me. It was like the house knew what I craved and it felt too good to question any of it. So I went back, day after day. I hungrily guzzled up the euphoria like a raging alcoholic, reaching for another drink.

Just like my mother.
 


My Review
It has been way too long since I've read a good Paranormal book. I was so excited to read Atticus. GAHHHH....that synopsis.

It was good, a solid three stars. It started out strong, teasing me with vagueties (yes it's a word if I say it's a word) and intrigue. It was extremely creative, and kept me engaged the entire time. I was entertained, but it didn't really go further than that. Atticus pulled me along a little too fast. Even though it is a full length novel, it read more like a novella. There were so many amazing aspects of this story that could have been developed a little bit deeper. The characters, the history of Atticus, the romance. Without truly developing the quality of the story, there were so many random coincidences that just seemed to be thrown in. Mrs. Stephens' involvement was crucial, but it seemed to come out of nowhere, and the ending wrapped up way too quickly. Even in the end, it was hard for me to tie everything together. However, the cliffhanger has me believing that this book has just scratched the surface of what's to come. I'm excited to see where this story is headed, and I definitely need more Brad (love me some Brad). Despite my critiques, what the author did give me was enough to make me want more, to need more development. To crave more story. That right there, is what a good story is all about.

This story is perfect for any paranormal fan that it looking for something a little on the lighter side. A quick read, wrapped in a lot of mystery.

READ ON!!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi people,
    Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
    If someone want to learn more about Manifestation Miracle Scam I think this is the right place for you!

    ReplyDelete