Friday, October 7, 2011

Review: If I die by Rachel Vincent

If I DieIf I Die by Rachel Vincent

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The entire school's talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr. Beck. Everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee's no ordinary high-school junior. She's a banshee—she screams when someone dies.

But the next scream might be for Kaylee.

Yeah—it's a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee's going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine, her boyfriend's needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr. Beck…before he discovers they aren't quite human, either.

But Kaylee's borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life.

Anything.


HALLELUJAH! I know that's an odd thing to say, but If I die can only be described as the soul redeemer of the series (pun intended). It's been a bumpy road, but a road I would travel infinity times if this book was my destination. The other books were not bad, in fact they are quite addictive, but some of the stories I liked alot more and others alot less. I guess up until this point I was indifferent.

This book was 100% in your face Rachel Vincent. I loved it! There were so many times I actually SOL'd (sqealed out loud). The plot was sensational, the characters were phenomenal, and the romance...OMG the romance. If I die? Yep, I just about died of hot, steamy, slap your mama romance. Is it weird that I'm totally in love with a fictional dead guy about ten years my junior?

I'm not putting down books 1-4 they were good, but I think they were missing something really important. What? Rachel Vincent. She is an amazing author and I love her books, but I feel like she held too much of her writing style back in order to make the books fit into the young adult genre. I saw glimpses of her here and there, but I wanted more. Well ask and you shall receive because this book was more; it was everything. Despite our rocky start, I completely recomend you get lost in Soul Screamers. I absolutely can't wait for the next book.






Other books you may like:

Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3)Siren (Siren, #1)Stray (Shifters, #1)

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
Siren by Tricia Rayburn
Stray by Rachel Vincent






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment