Friday, November 25, 2011

Reveiew: Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

Smokeless Fire (Fire Spirits #1)Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For the last two years Ari’s life has been anything but normal and on her 18th birthday, when her friends surprise her with a gimmick genie claiming to grant wishes, Ari discovers the truth. The tragic and strange occurrences surrounding her 16th birthday were not coincidental and her life is never going to be the same again.

Ari’s real parents are not normal. They are not loving. They are not human.

They are myth.

They are Smokeless Fire.

They are Jinn.


My first reaction was to give this book 3 stars. It was good, but I wasn't sure if it deserved to be on the same shelf as some of my other 4 star books. What finally made me toss in the fourth star was the refreshingly unique storyline. I have never read anything like it. It has the proverbial love triangle, but even that was unique. I can usually tell right off the bat which "love interest" has my support, but never have I changed mid-stream like I did in Smokeless Fire. Neither of the guys is Mr. Perfect; more like Mr. Issues and Mr. Rough Exterior. Both of them are far from flawless. I would've liked to see a little more romance, but am pretty sure that will come with book 2. It's definitely worth reading not to mention it's only $0.99 on Amazon!!!! I am most definitely going to check out more books by Samantha Young.



View all my reviews
Other books you may like:

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)Siren (Siren, #1)Meridian (Fenestra, #1)My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment