Monday, December 12, 2011

Review: The Reckoning by Lili St. Crow

Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)Reckoning by Lili St. Crow

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She's battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha - rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires - the worst is yet to come.

Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she's ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?

DRU ANDERSON'S NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK.
BUT SHE SHOULD BE.

Okay, so here was my first reaction to the book:

"Yes, this was without a doubt a 4 star book, but it frustrated the hell out of me. And the ending....FINALE my ass!!! It lost a star for leaving me so very unsatisfied. I will write more later, but just too pissed off now to do it!!!!"

As you can see, I was not too happy. Now that I've had time to calm down, I actually applaud Lili St. Crow. She stepped outside the box and gave an original ending. She didn't tie up every loose end into a pretty little bow. I've never imagined an author resolving a love triangle by having the leading lady chooses neither. Good for you Ms. St. Crow. As much as it pissed me off; I respect your guts. I do wish I would have had a little more closure, but it was an ending I've never experienced before. It is the very definition of bitter/sweet!!!

PS: I gave you your star back.




View all my reviews


Other books you may like:

The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers #1)Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy, #2)Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1)



No comments:

Post a Comment