Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep

Spider’s Revenge (Elemental Assassin, #5)Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.
Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen.

Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond.

Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.


I've thoroughly enjoyed this series. It started off a little on the sketchy side, but after the addition of Owen as Gin's hot love interest I was totally hooked. Gin is a main character that you'll totally love, not a character you'll want to kick in the face....repeatedly! Book 5 is completely action packed and fun, fun, fun. To me the series just keeps getting better. My only issue, if you can call it that, is that this book felt like closure. It wrapped the series up nicely up until the last two pages. I'm not saying I was hoping the series would end; I just hope it doesn't get unnecessarily drawn out (cough-cough Morganville Vampires). It would have been a nice ending. Hopefully Jennfier Estep will make me glad the series didn't end with book 6. We'll see.



View all my reviews

Other Books You May Like:

Blood Bound (Unbound, #1)The Demon Trapper's Daughter (The Demon Trappers #1)Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell #1)Stray (Shifters, #1)




No comments:

Post a Comment