Saturday, March 3, 2012

Review: By a Thread by Jennfier Estep

By a Thread (Elemental Assassin, #6)By a Thread by Jennifer Estep

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Then again, how often does an assassin live long enough to enjoy her retirement? In this line of work, you either get lucky or you get dead. And since I destroyed my nemesis Mab Monroe a few weeks ago, all of Ashland’s lowlifes are gunning to make a name for themselves by taking out the lethal Spider—me, Gin Blanco. So I’m leaving behind my beloved barbecue joint and heading south with my baby sister, Bria, to cool my heels in a swanky beach town. Call it a weekend of fun in the sun.

But when a powerful vampire with deadly elemental magic threatens an old friend of Bria’s, it looks like I’ll have to dig my silverstone knives out of my suitcase after all. Complicating matters further is the reappearance of Detective Donovan Caine, my old lover. But Donovan is the least of my problems. Because this time, the danger is hot on my trail, and not even my elemental Ice and Stone magic may be enough to save me from getting buried in the sand—permanently.



Gin Blanco, can we be friends? You rock the party and you're never sorry for party rockin. If Gin Blance was ever hired or Pro bonoed to kill me, I'd probably squeal out of excitement. It would probably go something like this, "OH MY GOD; it's Gin Blanco!!! This is truly an honor. Can you please sign my shirt before you kill me? Maybe snap a quick picture with my Iphone? This is so exciting!!! I can't believe I'm actually about to be killed by the Spider." Yup, pretty much how it would go. Her character is what makes these books work.


By a Thread was definitely one of my favorites in the series so far. I loved the return of Donovan Caine (always wondered what happened to that a-hole), but what I loved even more was the big plate of "in your face" and tall drink of "pay backs a bitch" that she force fed the good ole' detective. What goes around comes around and Gin Blanco definitely brought it around.


Of course I loved Owen as always. I think I've mentioned before that he's the reason I continued with this series to begin with and now I'm totally hooked. Special thank you and shout out to Jennfier Estep for not creating a nauseating love triangle and for not making Owen look like a jealous idiot. In fact, she emphasizes how great Owen is by the way he always allows Gin to have her independence attached to his faith and trust. I heart them :-)

View all my reviews




Other books you may enjoy:

Kindling the Moon (Arcadia Bell, #1)Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)The Shadow Reader (McKenzie Lewis, #1)Blood Bound (Unbound, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment