Saturday, May 5, 2012

Review: Water by Terra Harmony

Elemental powers in the palm of her hand...and it won't be enough to save her. When Kaitlyn Alder is involuntarily introduced to a life of magic, she becomes part of an organization hell-bent on saving the Earth. Just as her new-found life holds promises of purpose, romance, and friendship, the organization divides and a rogue member holds Kaitlyn hostage. Now one of the most terrifying men the human race has to offer stands between her and Earth's survival.
I apparently didn't eat my smart cereal when I started reading Water so I must forewarn you there is NO, I repeat no dragon in the first chapter!! How I missed the whole avalanche thing, I have no idea, but I eventually caught on and got my act together!

Now that we've established that there are no dragons in this book, we can proceed. I was a little  indifferent (okay, ALOT indifferent) at the start. I didn't think I was gonna like this book and I hate giving negative reviews!! I think the rocky start had alot to do with all the Gaia talk. It was too in depth and I found myself skimming (audible gasp) alot at first. I totally understand the need for explanation, but sometimes less is more! Also, light-speed romances make me cringe (something most of you know already). The author totally jumps the gun, BUT she lets the smoking gun cool and backs it up a bit. So Terra, I forgive you :-)

My complaints end there because close to the half-way mark this book turns around making a huge SPLASH!! OMLord! I couldn't put it down. The drama between Kaitlyn and Micah!!! Holy hell, did he almost really...Mr. leading man isn't perfect? Ultimate FUBAR! Drama, action, romance, and plenty smexiness. The author even gets pretty dark and controversial during the hostage situation (be prepared to be jaw-dropped).

I must say, Terra Harmony totally won me over. This book isn't my usual taste, but every now and again we all could use a fresh breathe of different! And after an ending like that I'm DYING to read the sequel. I adored the second half, but with a pretty rough start I only gave it three stars (hello...still means it's good). However, if the sequel is even half as good as I think it's going to be then this series is completely worth a few bruises. I'm gonna take a gamble and say we're definitely in for a five star sequel.



WARNING: conatins very adult sexual content


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your review of my book, Mollie - I LOVED it! And I never thought I'd say that about a 3-star. :) Just so you know, you're not the only one to mention the light-speed romance. Something I need work on...

    And the dragon thing, grrrr - this wasn't my original first chapter. I put it in there because I thought the reader could connect with the action better, but now I don't know. I don't want to confuse anyone!

    Anyway, thanks a heap and I really hope you like 'Air'! I have to warn you - another cliffhanger but 'Fire' will be out in October!

    ReplyDelete