Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Review: Insanity by Lauren Hammond

Sometimes love...can drive you crazy.

Adelaide Carmichael and Damien Allen couldn't be more opposite.

Adelaide's mother abandoned her when she was ten years old, leaving her to be raised by her abusive and alcoholic father.

Damien on the other hand came from a wealthy family, was a local celebrity, and seemed to have a bright future ahead of him.

Despite their differences, Adelaide and Damien were young, wild, and fiercely in love.

And they had a plan.

They were going to run away.

Be together forever.

And their plan was set in motion, until tragedy struck and for some reason, Adelaide wound up in The Oakhill Institution for the insane.

Adelaide has no idea what she did to wind up at Oakhill, but she knows one thing for sure...

She wants out.

And after Damien follows her there to aid her in escaping, Adelaide slowly begins putting together the pieces of her memory that are missing.

And it doesn't take Adelaide long to figure out that sometimes...

That one true love never dies.


Insanity is totally full of WTF!! Seriously...WHAT! THE! F--K! You totaly think you have it figured out, (which you do) but then you DON'T. While you're stuck figuring out the things you think you know, Lauren Hammond sneaks up from behind and slaps you with WHAT THE HELL!!! It's like a really screwed up game of  "mother may I". Just when you think you're at the end, HA! Think again, you're not! There's a reason I had to go back and re-read the book after being sucker punched in the gut with that ending! The reason is I didn't see it coming! How did I not see it coming!? I saw something coming, but that definitely was NOT it!!!! I am completely salivating for the sequel! There is so much I need to know! NOW!!

I know I'm not saying much about the plot, but I can't. It's on a need to read basis and you need to read! I will say that the love scenes were totally hot, talk about insanity. What totally blows (ha, I said blows) the lid off hot is when you realize the little (big) thing about Damien. Did she--with a--she was?!?! Who the hell was she with!! Either way, totally screwed up in a kinky sort of way!!!

You know how I love me a good mind f--k! With Insanity, I should have worn protection!



2 comments:

  1. I loved this book! It was so different and kept me on my toes. Kept think can it be ..no it cant be and yes it has to be on many different situations espcially at the end. Its so hard not to say anything beacuse i dont wanna give anything away but hopefully you know what im talking about lol ;-)

    Have you read White Walls? Its pretty amazing too and still had twist and turns. I cant wait till the 3rd book comes out!

    ReplyDelete