Monday, April 1, 2013

REVIEW: Haven from the Storm by Sarah Dosher

Haven from the Storm
by Sarah Dosher

“If you’re going to make me cry, at least be there to wipe away the tears…”

Most were asleep in their beds the night Lily Grace’s entire world was ripped apart, leaving only darkness and torment in its place. The only remaining person she depended on abandoned her without a second thought…or so that’s what Lily has believed for the past four years.

Dean Haven has returned for one reason—to win Lily’s love again. He’s already broken her heart because of the demons that haunt him. Can his desire for Lily keep him from succumbing to those demons again?

Dean has no idea what awaits him when he tries to fight his way back into Lily’s life. Everything he remembers has changed, including Lily.

Is love enough when you’re forced to weather the storms life has blown your way?


My Review
3~Stars

A great story in the making, I just wish...

I wish I would have eaten more twinkies when I had the chance. I wish tighty whities would make a comeback. I wish diet Dr Pepper really did taste more like regular Dr Pepper. And yes, I wish for more Twilight!

With Haven from the Storm, I wish for more story. It was a great story with all the potential in the world. I picked it up and didn't put it down until the end, but...but...I needed the rest of the story. I needed the foundation for Lily and Dean's relationship.

Dean's return to town and his strong feelings towards Lily seemed so immediate, so instant. They have a history, I just wish we could have gotten to experience more of it. The reader gets told about it throughout the book but even with that, there seemed to be so much missing. I didn't understand so much of their feelings because I didn't experience them. Their history needed to be developed more. There was also a few gaps in the plot. Things mentioned that were never quite explained. Parts where I was left not understanding. I kept expecting a flashback to explain this, some insight to develop that, but it never came. I needed to know the origin of their feelings. That was the true heart of the story. The heart of their relationship. I just needed more past. It would have made everything that came after so much more amazing.

I think the "extra" story may have definitely been inside the head and heart of the author. Hell, it may have even been written down at some point. I just think that maybe some things might have been edited down a little too much.

That aside; Haven from the Storm was a truly unique story full of emotion. One with pain and heartache. One that will catch your attention and hold it. It really has a great plot and truth be told, if the relationship between Lily and Dean would have been developed more I just might have run out of stars...just sayin.

READ ON!

Amazon
Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment