Saturday, June 8, 2013

Review: Being Me (Inside Out Trilogy #2) by Lisa Renee Jones

Being Me (Inside Out Trilogy, #2)Being Me by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

Release Date: June 11th, 2013
Amazon
Goodreads

NOW OPTIONED TO STARZ for TV!

The sexy second installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy, following If I Were You—in the seductive tradition ofFifty Shades of Grey

Fascinated by the dark fantasies in the journals she’s discovered, and the two men who have now found a place in her life, Sara McMillan finds herself torn between her new life and her past. Now, more than ever, Sara identifies with the lost journal writer, Rebecca, and is certain that something sinister has happened.

In the arms of the sexy, tormented artist Chris Merit, Sara seeks answers about Rebecca and ends up discovering things about herself she never knew existed. Chris forces Sara to reconsider who she is and what she truly wants from life, but not before his dark desires threaten to tear them apart. Her boss, Mark Compton, offers her the shelter to understand just what those needs mean to her, and what they might have meant to Rebecca, but can she trust him to lead her to a final conclusion to Rebecca’s story?


My Review
Don't get me wrong, I still love this series! The main flaw that dropped my rating was the first half of Being Me. Book one left me hanging; hanging so hard that I was consumed with wanting to know what happens next. I was more than impatiently and bordering on obsessive compulsively awaiting the sequel, but...well, I got a little bored with the first half. Sara and Chris's issues seemed to be on repeat. I felt like I was reading the same fight over and over again. It dragged on a bit too long.

Complaints over!!! Now to the good stuff...

The second half was explosive. I was stunned. I was shocked. I felt like I was shot right in the gut. I loved the Mark Compton revelations; I loved the revelations period! My emotions were a little all over the place. When we finally get to see the perfectly dark and seductively screwed up man that is Chris Merritt, I died. That scene left me struggling to breathe, too many emotions attacking all at once. It was intense to say the least.

You will get answers in Being Me at the same time producing even more questions. This only added to the wonderful yet frustrating mystery and suspense that seduced me from the start. It is grippingly suspenseful and painful dark. It seduces the body and the mind. I am so glad I stumbled upon this series a while back, and even though I didn't like the second book as much as the first, I can definitely say that this series is worth the read.

Being Me left me wet and primed for book three. I can't wait!!

READ ON!

View all my reviews




1 comment: