Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: Thief (Love Me With Lies #3) by Tarryn Fisher

Thief (Love Me With Lies, #3)Thief by Tarryn Fisher
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Links:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Note to Self

Love is patient; love is kind.
Love doesn't boast or brag.
There's no arrogance in love;
it's never rude, crude, or indecent-it's not self absorbed.
Love isn't easily upset.
Love doesn't tally wrongs.
Love trusts, hopes, and endures no matter what.
Love will never become obsolete.
I'll fight for her.

Thief


Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back. But for every action in life there is a consequence, and soon Caleb finds out that sometimes love comes at an unbearably high price.

My Review

Face palm right to the ass...

What a ride, what a mind numbing, heart clenching, soul melting ride.

I have to start by laughing at my own ignoramus tendencies, my own intellectual deficiencies.

I...am a dumbass!

I was given the opportunity to read Thief early, but due to scheduling difficulties (aka lack of minutes in the day) I wasn't able to. I ended up reading it on release day along with everyone else. Now, for future reference if Tarryn Fisher asks you to read something...YOU READ IT! Even if you have to f**k father time to create more hours in the day, you read it!

I should have read it!

I love how there's no waiting for something to happen in Thief. The story happens immediately. It gives the reader exactly what most books make you turn page after page (after page) to get to. Instant gratification, and I was gratified!

This was a story that didn't need fluff, it didn't need to be drawn out. You are jumping from one emotion to the next. Those emotions overlap; all consuming emotions that have consumed me since the first page of The Opportunist. This entire series evoked so many different feelings both positive, and negative. Even the things I hated, I loved that I hated them...I loved the emotion behind it. It ignites a response so strong that you jump down the rabbit hole and never want to hit the bottom.

Tarryn Fisher is not afraid to take the story to a dark place, she's not afraid to piss off the reader. She lets her character's drive the direction of the story wether it's something we want or not, and that's what makes the emotions feel so real. That's what makes us feel, period. The courageousness of her writing is what makes her stand out.

I couldn't have asked for a better ending. The pacing was perfect. Tarryn Fisher didn't need to draw things out to elicit emotion, the emotion was already there. The emotion had been building since book one. This is not just a must read story, but a must feel story.

READ ON!

Review of The Opportunist (Book #1) http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Review of Dirty Red (Book #2) http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Loved this series and I love your review. Tarryn Fisher's writing is hard to describe and you summed it up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete