Monday, September 2, 2013

NEW REVIEW: Craving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn

Craving ConstellationsCraving Constellations by Nicole Jacquelyn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Links:
Amazon
Goodreads

How is it, that someone can make decision after decision attempting to get away from their past and somehow end up right back where they started?" When Brenna decided to leave the only life she'd ever known, she never thought she'd ever be back. Now, five years later she's running from her clean cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her... and the man she left behind. She left with a secret, and as soon as she returns the truth will break her carefully constructed life wide open.

My Review
To enter a book with absolutely no expectations and then have those expectations punch you right in the face. To have those expectations bend you over a table and make you feel things in all the right places. Damn...it's a beautiful thing.

Craving Constellations was a beautiful thing.

Beautifully raw and hard.

Beautifully emotional and real.

Anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about insta-love. It's an insta-turnoff. I like things to build, I like tension. Tease me, torture me; don't give it to me quick. But damn if Nicole Jacquelyn just made me insta-eat-my-own-words. She pulled it off, and pulled me in.

Brenna and Dragon pulled me in. This is not your typical MC romance. It has everything you love about a good MC book, but it had more....more; it had more heart. It pushed the limits, but knew when to pull back. Sometimes we do want a book to emotionally rake us over the coal, but sometimes we just want to experience the emotion. Experience it without breaking. I didn't break; I felt.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of author bashing because of content. Readers thinking authors are taking the alpha male behavior a little too far. Toeing the line of abuse. Do they? Sometimes, maybe, but they are attacking these authors for condoning this behavior. News flash my people, just because an author writes about it, doesn't mean they condone it.

Just because an author writes about rape, doesn't mean they're ready to fund the next kickstarter project supporting the rapists of America. Americans feed on drama. Even if we don't want to admit it, we feed on pain. We feed off these insane worlds where wrong, seems so right. We open wide and beg to be fed.

I think that's what I loved about this book. I was fed, boy was I fed!!

READ ON!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment