Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Review: Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3) by Lisa Renee Jones

Revealing Us (Inside Out, #3)Revealing Us by Lisa Renee Jones
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My book hard-on went a bit limp…

After finishing Revealing Us, I'm feeling a bit deflated. This series started off so strong.

I was intrigued. I was teased. I was taunted by mystery and seduced by passion. Each book left me dangling on the edge of a cliff, and by the end of book two I was ready to let go and hit rock bottom. I was hoping that was where I'd find answers. Instead I just kind of went SPLAT!

Before this book was released, we were led to believe that this would be the conclusion. I learned weeks after finishing Revealing Us, that there will be more novels pertaining to the Inside Out Trilogy, but COME ON! I was done with foreplay; I was ready for the climax. Lisa Renee Jones lit the fuse of a nuclear bomb when she started this series, and in the end, I never got my explosion.

Don't get me wrong, we do get some answers, but…but…what? Finally, Chris' secret is revealed, but again…what? That was his big secret? The way it was drawn out I was expecting that nuclear explosion, but in the end I didn't really think it was such a big deal; it definitely wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me. I also was expecting more Rebecca information.

In the end, I was just expecting more, period. Even with the spin-off, I expected a bigger conclusion. I felt the readers were owed that. It really does pain me to say this because I think Lisa Renee Jones is an amazing author, and I hate that a negative rating may keep someone from giving this series a shot, but this book fell flat for me.

I do not, for one second, regret reading this series, and would definitely recommend it, but Revealing Us just didn't have the plot twists, and thrill rides the other two books possessed. However, in the end, this series did manage to possess me regardless. I just wish it would have gone out with more of a bang.

READ ON!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment