Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Review: Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

Willing Captive by Belle Aurora
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. 
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. 
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. 
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. 
What lengths would she go through to keep them?

**This is a stand alone novel and is unrelated to Friend-Zoned**


My Review

Belle Aurora writes with personality, and this book was no different. 


Willing Captive was not what I expected, but it is definitely what I needed. The love story in this book is slow and silent, but intense and passionate. I loved the relationship development. Belle Aurora does. It. All. Alpha male, humor, sexual tension, dark sensual comedy with a light hearted edge; she makes things that don't seem like they go together, fit. 

My only wish was that it could have been longer.

I almost 3.5 starred this one, but whilst (<-----damn I love getting to use that word), whilst writing this review, I had an overwhelming desire to go back and re-read Willing Captive. Even with its flaws, it was addictive. No seriously, Belle Aurora's writing is like a drug. I mean if you lick coke, after your tongue regains feeling, you're gonna want to lick coke again. 

Belle Aurora is tongue numbing coke. 

So why with my deliciously numb tongue would I give this awesome book 3.5~stars? Well...the ending. The first half was five stars easy, and the ending wasn't bad, but it didn't deliver the punch I was hoping for, and things seemed to wrap up rather quickly. Other than that, I loved this book, and since just writing this review is ensuring a re-read how can I not bump it up to 4~stars? Willing Captive was trademark Belle Aurora, meaning it was trademark awesome and deliciously addictive. 

Belle Aurora is on my instant approval list and if you haven't read her books yet….get your tongue ready and read!

READ ON!

View all my reviews

Other Reviews for Belle Aurora:
Friend-Zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)
Love Thy Neighbor (Friend-Zoned, #2)

Upcoming Release by Belle Aurora
January 3rd, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment