Sunday, January 26, 2014

NEW REVIEW: Raw by Belle Aurora

Raw by Belle Aurora
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

***Author Note: This is not a love story. This is a story of love gone wrong.***

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am.

Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street.

Best decision I ever made.

Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job.

My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved.

But the saying is true.

The world makes way for those who know where they are going.

That’s me.

I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace.

But then there’s him.

I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me.

He makes me feel.

It’s unconventional.

But it’s real.

I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker.

So am I.

This isn’t a story.
This is my life.

My Review

I think I just jumped in bed with a sociopath....and it hurt.

The friction that was caused by the ambivalence of emotions towards this novel left me Raw. I was torn somewhere between liking, not liking, or loving this book. I loved what it did to me, but I was torn over the execution. Belle Aurora always delivers a book that entertains; this was no exception. I read it from start to finish without a breath.

My ambivalence was due to some plot holes, character development, and a bit of editing. The plot itself, though extremely unique and intriguing, did not flow cohesively and questions were created that were left unanswered.

Twitch was such a complex and controversial character, but I wish I had a better understanding of him and his actions. I also wish his transition and growth could have been developed better. I loved the two sides of this one man's heart, but the author burnt the clutch. I can't downshift that fast. Where did Twitch go? However, the emotional turmoil and internal controversy he created left my brain aroused. I loved how much I disliked him. I love how he didn't win me over, and I love how I'm not even sure I want him with Lexi. He's the villain, and the hero. My feelings were constantly at war. I loved the doubt. I loved the uncertainty. I loved the emotion.

One thing I can ALWAYS count on with Belle Aurora, is being entertained. Raw did this. She pushed us off the ledge with that cliffhanger, and left us wanting more. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was unique and fresh, and I enjoyed the ride just the same.

READ ON!

*What other reviewers are saying

View all my reviews

Please check out these other works by Belle Aurora. 
I LOVE her Friend-Zoned series!!






No comments:

Post a Comment