Monday, August 25, 2014

New Review:: Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles #6) by Jillian Dodd. "Where do I start when this is the end?…"

Get Me by Jillian Dodd
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Release Date: August 25th, 2014
Links:
Amazon
iBooks
Kobo

Will Keatyn get her life back? 
And if she does, which life will she choose? 

This is the 6th and final book in the series.


My Review
What a ride. What a crazy, incredibly frustrating, insanely addictive ride.

This series has been my guilty pleasure from day one. You love it when you love it, and you love it when you don't.


It's like a carefully orchestrated car crash that's impossible to look away from.


It has met my stubborn resistance and pulled me on a journey of discovery, growth, loss, and love. A journey interwoven with so much drama. It's pure chaos.


Addictive chaos.


Perfect chaos.


Chaos that has generated almost a cult following.


Despite the dramatic insanity that is Keatyn's life. Despite having to battle constant frustrations. Despite everything. I always craved more.


I finished each installment, aching for the next one. And with each new release, I'd drop life until I was finished.


It's not a perfect series. In fact, it will sometimes annoy you to your breaking point, but every time it manages to suck you back in.


I can sum up Get Me in one word. Closure. For so long, this series has controlled me, and in the end Jillian Dodd gives us closure. She gives us The End.


The book starts off big and keeps the pace the entire way through. You find out that sometimes things aren't always as they seem, and Keatyn isn't the only one with secrets. Insert first jaw drop here. The first that will be followed by many. It's a crazy ride. Be warned though, you'll need to throw your big girl fictional panties on and realize that this is a story….a work of FICTION. This series has never been huge on strict realistic accuracies, it's part of the fun. Get Me is also saturated with some pretty extraordinary situations. There will be times where you're going to be like, "Come on! That would never happen in real life." But that's the point, this isn't real life. It's fiction. Can you really create a handwritten legal document on a snowflake? Probably not. And if you're risking your life in a death defining moment to save someone you care about, are you going to whip out your phone and film it? Mmmmmm….yeah, no. So just allow your eyes to roll and enjoy the story. It is pure entertainment!!


Perhaps how everything climaxed and concluded was too much, a little too over the top, but this series has always been too much. 
Too much from day one. But I have too much love for this series not to be completely satisfied and overly content with how it all ended (and my moon boy wasn't even in the running).

It was about so much more than just who she ended up with. It was about a journey. An experience. A resolution.


This was about happily ever after!


READ ON!


The journey….

"If you're expecting a unique YA-mature read with sharp edge and an addictive story line, then slap your own arse because this is the book for you." -- Stalk Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #1) Review

"Jillian somehow managed to meet my stubborn resistance by pulling me into a story that is filled with beautifully chaotic, teenage drama. It's a story that's fun and fresh, sexy and steamy. It's dangerously addictive." -- Kiss Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #2) Review


"This book picks up exactly where Kiss Me left off. And just like its predecessors, it drove me insane, completely insane. Even the parts you don’t like, you tolerate, and the parts you hate, you love. It’s a crazy addiction that I can’t explain." -- Date Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #3) Review


"At the start of every single book, I painstakingly turn from one page to the next with a kaleidoscope of emotions. I can usually sense the direction the story is headed, and it punches me right in the heart. LOOK AWAY! I can't! NO! Damn you Jillian! I need a drink!" -- Love Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #4) Review


"From naughty movie covers to hidden messages in the sand, Disney is for all ages. So is The Keatyn Chronicles. I'm not saying readers are going to find a giant golden penis hidden somewhere between the pages , but what I hope they understand is that YA-mature means YA-for everyone. Everyone of all ages. Except for maybe babies. Mostly because they can't read." -- Adore Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, 4.5) Review


"It's an unconditional addiction!" -- Hate Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #5) Review



The Keatyn Chronicles series (Books 2-5) are currently on sale for only $0.99!
Book 1, Stalk Me is FREE!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment