Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: Before I Wake (Soul Screamers #6) by Rachel Vincent

I died on a Thursday-killed by a monster intent on stealing my soul. The good news? He didn't get it. The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school...  Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life is much harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected. After weeks spent "recovering," she's back in school, fighting to stay visible to the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning time alone with her new reaper boyfriend. But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaim stolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an old foe, she knows the game has changed. Her immortal status won't keep her safe. And this time Kaylee isn't just gambling with her own life....

HOLY SHEE-IT!! I'm giddy, capital "G", put me in pigtails, stick a sucker in my mouth GIDDY! Call me Han Solo because this stupid ass grin is permanently frozen on my face!
 
Dear Rachel Vincent,

I'm sorry I doubted your brilliance and began to lose faith in Soul Screamers. I didn't know! Holy hot paranormal hell, I didn't know! I should have trusted you. I tried to put a time frame on kickassness and almost missed this! Your last two books in this series have been OM-WOW!! My almost "disloyalty" deserves to be punished, but could you do me a favor and send Tod over to do the punishing ;-) I promise to spend the rest of my life making it up to him you. Great job with this series and I am so glad I didn't give up on it!

Yours faithfully (from this point on),

Mollie
 
Let me say that even though I may have been indifferent with the Soul Screamers series before, before is gone. The past is the past and the future is Rachel Vincent! I don't care if you hate books 1-4; it's effing worth it to get to this point; getting to now is the best reward. Rachel Vincent knew in her head where she was going with this series and if there ever was a time to be patient, that time is now!! READ ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment